Melbourne: The Hub for Breast Implants
Melbourne is a hub for breast implants, so much so that thousands of implants are done annually half of which are from patients who travel from all over the world to come and get the care and treatment they so deserve. The best breast surgeons in Melbourne participate in annual clinical audits. This demonstrates their level of commitment and care to their patients. This should be an underlying factor as it proves their credibility and reliance.
As such each registered member is thoroughly vetted and later recommended as an outstanding practitioner in breast implants by the BreastSurgANZ Quality Audit (BQA), directed by both breast surgeons of New Zealand and Australia.
How to get the right surgeon for the job.
If you go to a surgeon for the first time and they recommend immediate surgery then just get out of there, run if you must because they are only after your money. Your dreams for having the perfect body could turn to a nightmare in an instance. So here are a few tips for finding the right surgeon for the job.
Preparation is key for this procedure and as such one should find a surgeon who can guide them through the following:
- Consultation– there is no ‘one fit for all’, ones need will most certainly differ from the others and it helps to simply sit down with the expert to go through the overwhelming options. The surgeons in Melbourne are mandated to discuss the options and the procedure with you before. Your breast and chest will be measured as you try on some implants under your bra and choose the one that suits you best.
- The Procedure– you have to” go under” as they say in medical terms which simply means that you have to be deeply sedated for the operation to commence. Most Melbourne breast implant surgeons apply the Rapid Recovery technique which leads to resuming to normal activities faster and less inflammation.
A summary of the various techniques include;
- Inframammary– an incision is made beneath the breast. This is by far the safest method.
- Transumblical– the implant is inserted via the belly button. This is mainly done for those afraid of visible scars.
- Transaxillary– the incision in this case is made in the armpit. It is however not very recommended unless it’s absolutely necessary.
- Transareola-the crease is made around the nipple area in a semicircular shape.
- Recovery Process– this is the most crucial step of the process, fortunately their surgical package costing include occasional reviewing of the patient after surgery in one day, week, a month and then 3 months at which point the desired result should be crystal clear.
One to three weeks of rest will be prescribed to the patient and physical activities should be on the minimum or avoided all together.
- Possible risks and complications– the surgeons here are of world class so minor risks are normally overseen and required means of avoiding them are usually taken. However, no one can be that perfect, common complications such as numbness and hypersensitivity of the areola and the risk of Capsular Contracture are occasionally reported and can go for up to six months or longer. They can be remedies via surgery and while in Melbourne you will not be further charged for it.
If there was ever a time where the expression ’cheap is expensive’ ever mattered it would be in this case. Breast implants are a very personal matter to any woman whether they care to admit it or not and when the time comes for you to take the leap, simply visit Melbourne. For their surgeons take pride in their work by ensuring their patients are guaranteed the best results. Plus the place really is a beautiful, trust me you will not be wasting your time.