Who is getting breast implants in Melbourne
Who is getting breast implants in Melbourne
Breast implants in Melbourne have become very heard of recently. It is said to be a billion dollar year business and research has it that many people living In Melbourne opt to have their implants done overseas, with the fallacy that they will get a better job done. However, there are reports in Melbourne that success rates of the local doctors are pretty high.
The thought of getting breast implants done arises when a girl or a woman is not satisfied with their breasts and suffer from inferiority complex. They tend to think that their lives will be better off with large, perfectly shaped breasts. The drive also comes from celebrities and pop stars maintain their upper body physique.
Procedure for breast implants
Step 1- The first step is to get anesthetized. There are two ways of getting it done- The general anesthesia and the anesthesia that is directly injected to your veins. You doctor will study your condition and recommend the right one.
This step ensures that you feel no pain while the surgery is being performed.
Step 2- The next step is to have a surgical cut made in the skin or flesh of areas around your breasts. This process is known as incision. There are three types of incisions:
1. Periareolar Incision, done on the pigmented skin surrounding the nipple
2. Inframammary Incision, done on the fold just under the breast
3. Transaxillary Incision, performed under armpit.
The incision is done in unnoticeable areas of your skin so that the visibility of scar marks is reduced. Whichever of these incisions needs to be done can be decided upon consultation between the patient and the doctor.
Step 3- After incision, you reach the most important phase where the breast implant is inserted and placed onto the decided area.
Breast implant can be place either under the pectoral muscle or at the sub-mammary gland existing directly behind the breast tissue. Where the implantation is to be placed depends on a few critical factors- The type of implant being done, how much enlargement of the breast is derired by the patient. The body type and most importantly, what the doctor recommends.
Step 4- This is the final step where the incisions done in the skin or muscle are sealed using layers of skin adhesive, surgical tapes or stitching. However, it should be noted that no matter how strong the closure of the incision is, it might disappear over time and leave out scars in your skin. This depends on the amount of your exposure to infection causing bacteria, your intake of nicotine and also genetic influence.
What’s the cost?
The cost of getting breast implants done might vary in different hospitals in Melbourne. It might cost you on average a total of around $10,000-$15000 AUD. This grand total is a sum of all the little and different processes that needs to be gone through. These are usually the fees for surgeons, anesthetist’s fees, the costs for implant, hospital costs and eventually the follow up check-up expenses.
Who Should Do It?
The prime candidates who undergo breast implants in Melbourne are:
1. Patients with ages in the range of 18-25, having underdeveloped breasts.
2. Patients who are looking to recover the lost volume and look of their breasts after pregnancy.
These range between the ages of 30-45 and
3. People having quite a fair breast size but want to make it bigger due to different personal choices.
Who Should I Choose?
The breast implant procedure is quite risky and a little carelessness with certain decisions might make you suffer in the long run. It is important to choose the perfect doctor for this process.
Here are some of the key criteria that will help you know who the best doctor is when it comes to having your implants done:
1. It is important to know the track record of the doctor .A sensible approach would be to have a look at pre-surgery and post-surgery pictures.
Ask them questions like how many surgeries have they performed before, their success rate and how they choose to handle situations where complications arise.
2. Make sure that the doctor is board certified. This will ensure that the doctor is specifically trained to handle these breast augmentations and will complete the whole procedure without any complication.
3. If possible, talk with the previous patients who got their job done under the particular doctor. This will give you an idea of how the good the doctor really is.